- Document Search and Copies
- Real Property Transfer Tax
- Administrative Team
- Electronic Recording
- Kalie Work
- General Recording Requirements
- Office Functions
- Marriage Certificates
- Digital Marriage Certificates
- Birth and Death Records
- Divorce Information
- APN Searching
- What forms of payment does the Washoe County Recorder accept?
- Can I get help preparing a document in the Recorder's Office?
- Does the Recorder's Office provide blank forms for the public to use?
- Does the Recorder's Office keep original documents?
- Does the Recorder's Office have a notary public available?
- How do I search online for recorded documents?
- What can I do if the image of my document does not display?
- What are the Washoe County Recorder's Office business hours and contact information?
- Does the Recorder's Office have copies of birth and death records?
- Does the Recorder's Office have copies of divorce records for Washoe County?
- Can I record my will with the Recorder's Office?
- Can I record a copy of a document?
- How do I record online?
- Are there fees to record online?
- How do I obtain copies of documents from the Recorder's Office?
- Does the Recorder's Office report recorded documents to the credit bureaus?
- What are the Recorder's Office hours of operation?
- What does it cost to record a document?
- How do I get a copy of my marriage license or license application?
- Has my Marriage Certificate been recorded?
- Can I come to the Recorder's Office and immediately receive a copy of my Marriage Certificate?
- Is expediting a Marriage Certificate an option?
- How long does it take for me to receive the marriage certificate copy?
- What is the process for correcting typographical errors on a Marriage Certificate?
- How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate?
- What is the difference between a marriage license and certificate?
- Will a copy of my marriage certificate be automatically mailed to me after it’s recorded?
- Real Property
- How do I add someone to the title of my property?
- How do I remove a deceased joint tenant's name from the title of my property?
- Does the Washoe County Recorder's Office provide Homestead forms?
- Does the Recorder's office provide searching services?
- What if a lien is still listed on my credit report after it's been paid?
- How is a lien removed?
- When a Deed of Trust/Mortgage is paid off, who records the release document and returns it to the property owner?
- What is a title search and how do I get one?
- How do I find out who owns a piece of property?
- I just paid off my house. How do I get my deed?
Real Property Transfer Tax
Tax on Transfers of Real Property (NRS 375)
Pursuant to NRS 375, real property transfer tax is collected when an interest in real property is transferred. The rate in Washoe County is $2.05 per $500 of value or fraction thereof, and the tax is collected by the County Recorder at the time of recording.
All documents transferring title must be accompanied by a Declaration of Value form so the tax can be calculated. The basis for the tax is the actual selling price or the estimated fair market value of the property. "Estimated fair market value" is derived from the assessor's taxable value or the prior purchase price, if the prior purchase was within the 5 years immediately preceding the date of valuation, whichever is higher; see NRS 375.010.
There are several reasons for exemption from the tax listed in NRS 375.090. To assist in calculating the tax we have provided a Real Property Transfer Tax Calculator below. If you need assistance or have questions about the tax, please call our Property Transfer Compliance Recorder at (775) 328-3661.
Real Property Transfer Tax Calculator
(This calculator is designed to calculate transfer tax based on the total value/sales price of property with 100% ownership being transferred. If you are transferring less than 100% interest and need assistance with completing the Declaration of Value form please contact our office at 775-328-3661)
NRS 375.250 - Taxpayers' Bill of Rights for Taxes on Transfers of Real Property