- Document Search and Copies
- Real Property Transfer Tax
- Administrative Team
- Electronic Recording
- How do I get a copy of my marriage license or license application?
- Has my Marriage Certificate been recorded?
- Can I come to the Recorder's Office and immediately receive a copy of my Marriage Certificate?
- Is expediting a Marriage Certificate an option?
- How long does it take for me to receive the marriage certificate copy?
- What is the process for correcting typographical errors on a Marriage Certificate?
- How do I get a copy of my marriage certificate?
- What is the difference between a marriage license and certificate?
- Will a copy of my marriage certificate be automatically mailed to me after it’s recorded?
- Real Property
- General Recording Requirements
- Office Functions
- Marriage Certificates
- Digital Marriage Certificates
- Birth and Death Records
- Divorce Information
How do I get a copy of my marriage license or license application?
To clarify, a marriage license permits a couple to get married while a marriage certificate serves as proof that a marriage has taken place. For a copy of the marriage license or license application, please contact the Washoe County Clerk's Office at 775-784-7287, or visit the clerk's website.
To request a copy of your marriage certificate, please see our marriage certificate information page.