How do I get a copy of my marriage license or license application?

To clarify, a marriage license permits a couple to get married while a marriage certificate serves as proof that a marriage has taken place. For a copy of the marriage license or license application, please contact the Washoe County Clerk's Office at 775-784-7287, or online at

To request a copy of your marriage certificate, please complete the Marriage Certificate Request Form and submit it to the Recorder's Office via mail or fax.