Baby & Me Tobacco Free
Quitting smoking is the most important thing you can do
to protect your health and the health of your baby
What is BABY & ME - Tobacco Free Program TM
The BABY & ME – Tobacco Free TM is a FREE program to help pregnant women quit smoking during pregnancy and stay quit after the baby is born.
How Does the Program Work?
- A pregnant woman will attend four prenatal sessions to receive support and education.
- After the baby is born, the participant will return each month until the baby is 12 months old.
- At each session, the participant will take a carbon monoxide (CO) breath test that checks to see if she has been smoking.
- A participant will receive a $25 diaper gift card for attending each of the first three prenatal sessions.
- If a participant tests tobacco free by prenatal session four and during the 12 postpartum sessions, she will get an additional diaper gift card for each session.
- Diaper gift cards can be redeemed for any brand or size of diapers or wipes at local Walmart stores.
Who Can Enroll?
- Any pregnant woman who is a daily smoker or quit within three months of becoming pregnant.
- Must be less than 34 weeks pregnant at enrollment based on due date.
- Any age or income level is eligible.
- A smoker who lives with a pregnant woman that is currently in the program can also enroll as a Support Partner. If the support partner successfully quits smoking, she/he can receive monthly diaper gift cards during the postpartum sessions.
How Can I Enroll?
- Call (775) 328-2480
- Visit the WIC office at Washoe County Health District (1001 East Ninth Street Bldg B., Reno, NV 89512)
- Or complete Enrollment Form
- Referral Forms
For more information about the BABY & ME – Tobacco Free TM program, visit www.babyandmetobaccofree.org.
Last modified on 05/22/2018