Tuberculosis (TB) Prevention and Control Program (TBPCP)
The Washoe County Tuberculosis Control Program is dedicated to controlling the spread of tuberculosis by ensuring effective treatment for persons with active TB disease, identification and treatment of persons exposed to someone with TB disease and persons with latent TB infection (LTBI) who are at risk of developing active TB disease. The TB program provides TB evaluations for newly arrived immigrants residing in Washoe County, persons with symptoms of TB disease and persons exposed to someone with TB disease.
TB screening evaluations for employment or school are not available at the TB clinic. TB screening for employment or school is available HERE
- Provide directly observed therapy (DOT) to persons with active TB disease
- Provide TB evaluation and consultation for clients referred by their physicians
- Identify and test persons exposed to someone with active TB disease (contact investigation)
- Evaluate new immigrants planning to reside in Washoe County for active TB disease
- Test household members of new immigrants
- Evaluate symptomatic persons living at shelters
- Test new group home residents referred by Washoe County Social Services
- Provide Latent Tuberculosis Infection (LTBI) treatment to:Provide TB education to all persons residing in Washoe County
- Infected contacts to active TB
- Children under 5 years of age and members of their household
- Immigrants and members of their household
- Homeless persons
- Former inmates who are homeless upon release from jail or prison
No information will be given out without your written permission EXCEPT as required by law and/or to provide services to you in compliance with Privacy and Security Standards. Tuberculosis disease is a communicable illness (Nevada Administrative Code 441.A.040). This means that in certain circumstances information can be shared with others without your consent. Providers are authorized, under HIPAA Section 164.512b "permitted disclosures" to release information pertaining to the TB disease without patient consent to release information.
Cost for services:
- Charges for service are on a sliding fee scale
- Insurances We Accept
More Information about TB
- TB overview fact sheet
- CDC TB webpage
- TB Testing Locations
- Service Providers And Pharmacists
- Data and Statistics
Clinic Location and Contact Information:
10 Kirman Avenue
Reno, NV 89502
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Closed 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Last modified on 08/16/2018