Marijuana and Health Impacts
It is important for marijuana users and those exposed to secondhand marijuana smoke to know the associated potential health risks. While in the past there had been little research this has begun to change with the recreational and medical marijuana laws passing in states throughout the country.
- Secondhand Marijuana Smoke
- Marijuana Use & Health
- Marijuana Use Among Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- Youth Use and Health Effects
To learn about the laws in Nevada pertaining to recreational marijuana, such as the penalties for providing marijuana to anyone under the age of 21, visit marijuana.nv.gov.
Help is available for Nevadan’s who want to quit marijuana!
- 24-Hour Nevada Substance Abuse Hotline 1-800-450-9230
- NV 2-1-1 (or text your zip code to 898211)
- Crisis Call Center 1-800-273-8255
- SAPTA Prevention and Treatment Providers
Acknowledgment: Washoe County Health District would like to give special thanks to the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment for sharing some of the content found on this webpage.
Last modified on 09/15/2020