For Owners and Managers
Our mission is to educate and encourage multi-unit housing owners and managers to adopt voluntary indoor and outdoor smoke-free policies to create healthier living environments and help owners/managers save money.
The videos below highlight properties in Washoe County that have had a successful transition to smoke-free housing.
No Smoking Policy - ERGS
No Smoking Policy - Reno Housing Authority
Secondhand smoke continues to be a problem in multi-unit housing dwellings, often, putting the most vulnerable populations at risk for secondhand smoke related diseases and conditions. Over time, the demand for smoke-free housing has increased. The majority of Washoe County renters (as well as renters nationwide) now support smoke-free multi-unit housing policies.
Resources to Adopt A Smoke-Free Policy
Questions & Answers
- What type of smoke-free policies should I implement?
- What is the big deal about drifting tobacco smoke?
- What are the legal concerns of implementing a policy?
- Are cigarettes really the unsafe in apartments?
- Smoke-free Apartment Housing Registry
- Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights
- MiSmoke-free Apartment
- See Washoe County's Smoke-free Housing list here
Last modified on 04/03/2018