Marriage Licenses


Manager: Cathy Smith
Phone:  775-784-7287
To be legally married in the State of Nevada, you must purchase a marriage license and have a marriage ceremony performed. The fee for the license is $60.00 (Cash, Credit Card, Money Order, Cashier’s Check, or Traveler's Check).

The marriage license may be obtained up to one year prior to the ceremony. Both parties must be present in order to purchase a marriage license in the Marriage License Bureau in either Reno or Incline Village.

Note: Please verify that your Officiant has received authorization to perform marriages in the State of Nevada. You may check his/her status here:
Nevada Marriage Officiant Public Search

For answers to the most common questions and directions to our offices, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. For all other questions, please call us at either of the numbers below.

We now offer the ability to pre-fill your marriage application online. Please visit our Marriage Pre-Fill page for full instructions and details.

Please Note

Starting January 1, 2018, couples may designate a new middle and/or last name to be used on their Marriage Certificate. This does NOT constitute a legal name change. Legal name changes must be carried out according to the laws of your state and/or country. For more information on name options and how to change your name if you reside in the United States, please view our Desired Name Designation page.

Reno Office

8am - Midnight
7 days a week, 365 days a year

Physical Address:
1001 E. 9th Street, Bldg. A
Reno, NV 89512

Mailing Address:
1001 E. 9th Street, Bldg. A
Reno, NV 89512

Phone:  (775) 784-7287
Fax:   (775) 785-4347

We Accept: Cash, Credit Card,
Money Order, and Traveler's Check

Incline Village Office

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed All Holidays

Physical Address:
Incline Village General Improvement District
893 Southwood Blvd., Incline Village

For more information, please call:
Phone:  (775) 784-7287

We Accept: Credit Cards only
Both locations now accepting Credit Cards!
Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, American Express


Parental Consent Form

For Authorization to Solemnize Marriages in Nevada

Request a Copy of the Marriage Application

Request a Copy of the Marriage Certificate (Proof of Marriage)

Privacy Policy - Clerk's Office