County Code & Ordinances
Please review the following before viewing
The County Code is optimized for use with Acrobat Reader 6.0
- The online version of the Washoe County Code has been formatted for your computer screen. As a result the page numbering is different from the printed document.
- Pages accessed with Acrobat Reader 3.0 may not load correctly and may appear to be blank. If you do not know what version of Acrobat you are using, please download and install Acrobat Reader 6.0
- If you are looking for specific ordinance use the Ordinance Reference Listing below. For copies of an ordinance please contact the Board Records and Minutes staff at (775) 784-7260
- Use the Table of Contents if you know the specific chapter you need or have a slow connection
- You have a number of ways to find the appropriate section of the code that you may be looking for:
- Go to the chapter listing in the Table of Contents
- Search for the information you need in the Washoe County Code
- Go to the Index or Table of Sections listings and browse through the listings using the Page up or Page down key on your keyboard
- Make note of the Index or Table chapter & section number
- Return to the Table of Contents page via the back button on your browser
- Click on the correct chapter to view & browse to the appropriate section. If the information is correct for your needs, you may copy or print it. Please make sure to download or print all sections that pertain to the code you are viewing
- The number system designates the following:
- Chapter (10)
- Section (050)
Example: 10.050 = Section .050 located in Chapter 10.
- We will publish amendments to the published Code as they become available. The complete County Code will be updated as soon as the supplements become available
Chapter 110 is the Washoe County Development Code. For information regarding this chapter, please contact the Department of Community Development at (775) 328-6100.