- Living Here
- Doing Business
- Health & Safety
- Homes & Property
- Your Government
- All Departments
- Alternate Public Defender
- Alternative Sentencing
- Animal Services
- Board of County Commissioners
- Citizen Involvement
- Clerk's Office
- Community Services Department
- Cooperative Extension
- Coroner's Office
- District Attorney
- District Court
- Emergency Management
- Engineering and Capital Projects
- Geographic Information Systems
- Green Team
- Human Resources
- Human Services Agency
- Incline Village Justice Court
- Juvenile Services
- Law Library
- Manager's Office
- Northern Nevada Regional Intelligence Center
- Parks and Open Space
- Public Administrator
- Public Defender
- Public Guardian
- Recorder's Office
- Reno Justice Court
- Senior Services
- Sheriff's Office
- Sparks Justice Court
- Technology Services
- Treasurer's Office
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District
- Truckee Meadows Flood Project
- Utility Services
- Voters, Registrar of
Human Services Agency
Available for Adoption
- Adreeana and Brayden
- Alexandro and Marvin
- David and Oisten
- Delanie and Tatianna
- Dominic James Tatiana and Sonja
- Gavin and Skyler
- Leilani, Adrianna, Jeremiah, Mariyah
- Piper, Kari and Camron
- Shawna and Joseph
- Steffanie,Edgar and Cristian
- Stephanie, Delilah and Heaven
Birth Parent Information
Special Needs Adoption Process
- Who can adopt?
- Do you have to become a foster parent in order to adopt?
- What are the fees associated with adoption?
- Are adoptive parents eligible for subsidy?
- Will we have a choice as to the child we adopt?
- Are we told everything about the child? (i.e. medical history, family situation, education, religion, employment, background of parents, reason for relinquishments, etc.)
- Available for Adoption
Foster Care Services
Requirements for Becoming a Foster Parent
Characteristics of Foster and Adoptive Families
TIPS Foster Training
- Types of Foster Care
- Foster Care Forms
Advanced Foster Parent Training
Foster Care FAQs
- What is the need for foster parents?
- Who are the children that need foster care?
- What are the ages of children in foster care?
- How long does a child usually stay in foster care?
- Do I get to choose the children who come into my foster home?
- What kind of financial/medical help is available if I foster children?
- What kind of help can I receive in caring for a foster child?
- Can we foster if we both work full time?
- How many children can be in a foster home?
- What are the required conditions of my home to become a foster home?
- Can foster parents adopt children?
- What are the classes like, that prepares people to care for foster children?
- Requirements for Becoming a Foster Parent
- Independent Living
- Child Care & Early Childhood Services
Child Protective Services
Child Protective Service FAQs
- What is child abuse and neglect?
- What happens during a CPS investigation?
- What are the possible outcomes of a CPS investigation?
- Is discipline considered abuse?
- What happens if my child is placed into protective custody?
- Can I see my child if he or she is in protective custody?
- When & where can I get a lawyer if my child is taken into protective custody?
- What is a Protective Custody Hearing?
- What is an Adjudicatory Hearing?
- What is an Evidentiary Hearing?
- What is a Dispositional Hearing?
- What is a Multidisciplinary Team Meeting (MDT)?
- What is a Review Hearing?
- What is a Permanency Hearing?
- How do I get my child back from protective custody?
- How much time do I have to get my child back from protective custody?
- Are you of Native American descent?
- What can I do if I disagree with my social worker?
- What is a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)?
- What is Child Protective Services?
- How did CPS hear about me?
- Child Protective Service FAQs
Other Ways You Can Help
- Child and Family Team Meetings
- Adoption Services
- Senior Services
- Adult Services
Washoe County Housing
- About Us
- Children's Services
Washoe County administrative offices closed for Thanksgiving holiday
County office closures for Thanksgiving and Family Day
Top headlines to know from Board of County Commissioners meeting
Washoe County approves grant to help mentally ill homeless find help, housing
Statement from Board of County Commissioners
The passing of community leader, Darryl Feemster, Sr.