COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Washoe County is actively responding to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). The regional COVID-19 website can be found at www.covid19Washoe.com.
Need a test? Call or go online (En Español) for a risk assessment:Call your medical provider, or the Health District at 775-328-2427 24-7.
- Fill out a risk assessment online by clicking this link (Formulario de Asesoramiento para Coronavirus -COVID-19)
Businesses with sick employees should not require them to return to work. See Governor's technical bulletin.
The Health District and the Governor's Office are advising that anyone who has traveled out of state or by airline should self-isolate and monitor symptoms for a period of 14 days following their return in order to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Washoe County. Individuals who develop symptoms should contact their healthcare provider or the Health District at 775-328-2427.
- Aging & Disability (Washoe County)
- Energy Assistance (Nevada)
- Unemployment Office (Nevada)
- Welfare Office (Nevada) - SNAP (Food stamps), Medicaid & Cash (must have kids)
- Children’s Cabinet – Food, Utilities, Childcare, Safety
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements
File complaints about facilities with COVID-19
To file a whistle-blower complaint with OSHA regarding care facilities in Washoe County, you can visit their website here. If someone has been fired, threatened to be fired or has been threatened to not disclose information during an investigation, those facilities will be held accountable.
In addition, to file a complaint with the state about a state licensed facility, you can do so on the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services - Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health website here. Complainants have the option to remain anonymous.
COVID-19 information in other languages
To see the information on this page, and any page on the interenet, users can have information translated through their browser.
- Information on language settings on Google Chrome
- Information on language settings on Internet Explorer
- Ver información de COVID-19 en español
- Pruebas Para El Coronavirus
- Limpieza Para El Coronavirus
- Formulario de Asesoramiento para Coronavirus (COVID-19) del Condado de Washoe
For the latest videos of press briefings click here, and here for latest news.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Will a mask help prevent contracting COVID-19? See the latest guidance from the CDC.