Volunteer - Senior Services
Washoe County Senior Services appreciates the support of all volunteers in Washoe County. There are always opportunities to volunteer throughout the department for people of any age. To contact us about volunteering, call 775-328-2575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have the ability to enrich the lives of seniors in need by providing services that promote dignity, a sense of well-being and independence.
Senior Ambassador Program - Volunteer
Help Drive Away Hunger
Washoe County Senior Services launched the program in an effort to provide seniors in the rural areas of Washoe County more services. We're recruiting individuals with a volunteer spirit to serve as Senior Ambassadors to help address the issues of senior hunger and isolation in our community. No matter what age you are, we appreciate anyone who is willing to help.
Our team will recruit and train volunteers for the Senior Ambassador Program. Some of the volunteer opportunities include
- Deliver meals to homebound seniors
- Provide information about services
- Lead activities at rural senior centers
- Spend time socializing with seniors who are unable to leave their home.
The Volunteer Senior Ambassador Program was approved by the Board of County Commissioners and is funded through a Community Development Block Grant.
To learn more about how to become a Senior Ambassador to deliver meals or one of our many other volunteer opportunities for individuals or as part of your company’s community service program, call 775-328-2575.
Did you know?
- Washoe County Senior Services serves on average 7,000 meals to seniors each week, 4,600 of those go to homebound seniors.
- There are more than 3,300 homebound seniors in Washoe County who would benefit from having healthy meals delivered to their home accompanied by a friendly visit.
Contact Volunteer Senior Services
To contact us about volunteering, call 775-328-2575 or email email@example.com.