We apologize for any inconvenience, but the health of Washoe County’s elderly is priority during this trying time.
Seniors that must go out for groceries, gas, medications, or any other reason necessary should do the following:
- Remain at least 6 feet from another person in public.
- Stay away from anyone who is sick or exhibiting signs of illness.
- Cough or sneeze in sleeve.
For more information about COVID-19, please head to the Regional Information Center’s website.
We thank you in advance for understanding.
Washoe County Senior Services Division Director Steve McBride.
Washoe County Senior Services is the designated Community Focal Point for all of Washoe County, which means, when it comes to aging issues, we are your starting point. If you are a student, son or daughter, caregiver, spouse or senior, there is something here that will help you many times in your lifetime.
- Do you want to find the nearest senior center and the schedule of activities?
- Do you have questions about health or long term care?
- How do you prepare financially for getting older? When should you start?
- Do you need information regarding housing and care options for you or your loved one?
- Are you looking for information for services such as “Meals on Wheels” or medication management?
- Do you need assistance with understanding Medicare, Medicaid or Veteran’s Benefits?
Washoe County Senior Services is part of an interconnected service community that is committed to building a higher quality of life for all residents, regardless of age. In doing so, we offer direct and indirect services including senior centers throughout the community, “Meals on Wheels”, legal services, case management, outreach, and an adult day health program.
Finally, Senior Services seeks to be the regional leader in preparing our community as it ages. The Department’s Master Plan for Aging Services is the roadmap, which will guide the enhancement and development of Washoe County’s senior programs and services.
If you need additional information or have questions, please contact Washoe County Senior Services at 775.328.2575 or email email@example.com.
Let us know how we can assist you!