Applications to the Water & Sanitary Sewer Financial Assistance Program
In order to qualify for the program:
- The applicant must be the owner of the residential property.
- The applicant must be current on property taxes, special assessments, and any existing mortgage(s), deed of trust, promissory note, or other security instrument, agreement, or credit arrangement related to the property.
- The property must be within 400 feet of a Truckee Meadows Water Authority water main or distribution line or within 400 feet of a Washoe County sewer main or distribution line, and the residential property must have legal access to the public water or sewer system.
- The property must be a permanent structure or mobile or manufactured home with a permanent foundation and must be assessed as real property by the Washoe County Assessor.
A signed Loan Application must accompany all applications to the Utility Water and Sanitary Sewer Financial Assistance Program. The Loan Program Policies and Procedures provides the details of the program including loan eligibility determination, how applications will be considered, interest rates, fees and payments, and construction and invoicing requirements.
Additional application materials include:
- A non-refundable $400 application fee (cashier's check)
- Credit Report Authorization and Release (must be notarized) or current credit report provided by applicant
- Acknowledgement of Loan Program Terms and Conditions (must be notarized)
- A certified copy of the most recent property deed from the Washoe County Recorder's Office
In addition, please read and meet the requirements for contractor's bids and proposals for private well abandonment/water system connection or abandonment of private septic system/public sewer system connection.
For more information, please contact Washoe County Utility Customer Service at (775) 954-4601.