Engineering & Capital Projects Division
The Washoe County Community Services Department continues to respond to the COVID-19 developments.
OUR OBJECTIVES & ESSENTIAL SERVICES
OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS
Our building are closed to the public through April 20 (subject to change); however, we remain available to provide essential services with new socially aware business practices.
For the most expedient service, email our professional team below for help on our most common questions, such as:
Engineering - Technical Expert of the Day (T.E.D.)
We also encourage you to visit the Washoe County Health District coronavirus webpage for updates and information on COVID-19.
Information for Residents of Washoe County
PLEASE NOTE: REGIONAL ROAD IMPACT FEES
RRIF fees are changing (some increasing, some decreasing), effective Monday, 12/2. Given the Thanksgiving Holiday, applicants with outstanding/deferred fees who want to pay the fees prior to the change (to avoid extra charges after 12/2) need to have paid by Wednesday, 11/27. (Please refer to the informational sheets below for further information.)
- Washoe County Administration Complex (9th Street) Master Plan September 24, 2019
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office Master Plan September 24, 2019
- Washoe County Downtown Master Plan Update, July 12 2019
- Stormwater drainage including private property and HOA maintenance responsibilities as well as Washoe County maintenance responsibilities
- Flash flooding -- what you need to know to keep your property safe!
- Maps and information on flood insurance, flood zones, and FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program
- Citizen traffic request form to express road/traffic concerns and identify possible solutions
- How to report traffic signal malfunctions
- Washoe County's speed hump policy
- Maps of presumed public roads in Washoe County
- South Truckee Meadows Water Reclamation Facility Plan Study and addendum updates.
- Spanish Springs Facility Plan Study.
- Cold Springs Facility Plan Study.
- Pleasant Valley Interceptor Reach 3 & 4 Alternative Alignment Study
- Regional Road Impact Fees (RRIF) Changing Rates RRIF Impact Fee Schedule Comparison
- Regional Road Impact Fees (RRIF) 6th Edition Service Areas
- Regional Road Impact Fees (RRIF) Impact Fee Schedule
Information for Developers and Contractors
- Land Development Review including subdivision submittal forms and a calendar of deadlines for map submittals
- Utility engineering services (for sewer and reclaimed water service)
- The Regional Drainage Manual and information on the regional Stormwater Quality Management Program
- Maps and information concerning land development within the floodplain including FEMA Flood Zones
- Standards and engineering standard details for land development, utilities, and public works construction
- Street naming forms, Regional Street Naming Committee information, and the Regional Street Directory
- Technical map fees and information including the status for technical maps submitted for Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County
- GPS base station map and information for the Truckee Meadows
- Central Truckee Meadows Remediation District
- Lake Tahoe erosion control and water quality improvement projects within the County right-of-way in the Tahoe Basin
- Capital Improvement Projects (CIP) (under construction)
- Northern Spanish Springs Floodplain Detention Facility (under construction)
- Golden Valley Artificial Recharge Program (under construction)
Phone: 775.328.2040 Fax: 775.328.3699
Mailing Address: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, NV 89512
Physical Address: Building A, Second Floor, 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, NV 89512