Ken Retterath, Division Director
Health Care Assistance Program
- The Indigent Services reimburses medical and institutional facilities for eligible participants who do not qualify for Federal, State or community programs. Program eligibility is income and asset based.
- The Adult Group Care program reimburses costs of room and board for individuals who are homeless and who require a temporary, structured setting to stabilize a medical condition. Social Workers assigned to this program area provide case management services and assist with applications for available resources including Social Security and Medicaid. Program eligibility is also based on income and assets. Individuals who have income must pay towards their cost of care.
- The Extended Care Facility program reimburses medical costs for individuals placed in a nursing home. Eligible individuals must have income below the cost of care for the facility and not qualify for Medicaid. Social workers assigned to this program area provide case management services and assist with applications for available resources including Social Security and Medicaid. Eligible individuals with income must pay towards their cost of care.
- The Burial/Cremation program reimburses the basic costs of burial/cremation for individuals who do not have income/assets available to pay for final expenses.
- The Adult Protective Service program provides information and referral services and limited case management to vulnerable individuals ages 18-59 who are in danger of abuse and neglect. This program is not mandated by NRS.
General Assistance – Supportive Housing Program
- The Supportive Housing Program reimburses housing costs for individuals who are homeless. Eligibility for payment of rent is based on income/assets. Individuals with income must pay toward their cost of care. Social workers assigned to this program area provide case management services including referral to drug/alcohol treatment and assistance with applications for available resources.
The Affordable Care Act provides for the expansion of Medicaid coverage for individuals whose income is less than 138% of the Federal Poverty Level and for the purchase of affordable health insurance with Federal subsidies for persons whose income is between 138% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level. Open enrollment begins 10/1/2013.
Click Nevada Health Link to see if you qualify.