Board of County Commissioners elect new leadership
Kitty Jung elected Chair, Bob Lucey is new Vice Chair.

Media Release
For Immediate Release

Contact: Joshua Andreasen

Kitty JungReno, Nevada. Jan. 13, 2016 - The Board of County Commissioners is under new leadership as Kitty Jung was unanimously elected Chair at Tuesday's meeting. Bob Lucey was elected as Vice Chair, also in a unanimous vote.

Jung, who represents District 3 and has been re-elected twice by her constituents, was thrilled with the decision.

"I’m honored to be the Chair of the Board of County Commissioners,” Jung said. “I will represent and serve the citizens of Washoe County to the best of my ability. My focus for 2016 is a strong economy, safety of our citizens and environmental sustainability. I look forward to working with my fellow commissioners, citizens and community leaders to get this done.”

Chair Jung's district includes downtown Reno, West Sparks, Panther Valley, Golden Valley, Sun Valley and Raleigh Heights. For more information on Chair Jung, see her profile.

Bob LuceyAlso announced Tuesday was Lucey being named Vice Chair.

“I want to thank my fellow commissioners for the opportunity to serve as the vice chair,” Lucey said. “I look forward to a very productive and prosperous 2016. We’ve done some phenomenal work here at the commission in the last year. I have been very blessed to be a part of this and I want to continue on a positive note.”

Lucey was elected to the Washoe County Commission in November 2014 and began his term in January 2015. He represents District 2, which includes areas south of Interstate 80 and west of Virginia Street to the Huffaker area. It also includes everything continuing south to the southern border of Washoe County (outside of the Tahoe Basin). For more information on Lucey, see his profile.

Jung replaces former Chair of the Board of County Commissioners, Marsha Berkbigler. Lucey replaces Jung as Vice Chair. Under Washoe County Code, terms for Chair and Vice Chair are one year.


Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »