Commissioner Bob Lucey
Known for his ability to create a culture of “yes” and a business-friendly atmosphere, Commissioner Lucey is focused on transportation, tourism and recreation issues. Public safety, water and regional parks and open space are also important to the Commissioner and his constituents. Commissioner Lucey is a member of local, regional and national transportation boards, and tourism boards. He continues to strive towards Washoe County being the leader in supporting the evolution of our business community as we diversify our economy.
Along with his wife and son, Commissioner Lucey loves skiing, camping, hunting, hiking and basically anything that involves the outdoors. When he is not working, his favorite place to enjoy some rest and relaxation is Lake Tahoe and the outdoors in all of Northern Nevada.
He said he will strive to bring the spirit and excitement of entrepreneurship to the County. He hopes to be remembered as a humble and effective leader for the community.
Commissioner Lucey has several projects that he is aiming to address in 2017:
- Regional transportation improvements – current member of Regional Transportation Commission and National (NACO) Transportation Commission
- Regional tourism expansion – current chairman of the Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority
- Expanded economic diversity and opportunities
- Improved access to resources and opportunities for quality of life improvements for those in need
- Court system innovation to lower costs and create better efficiency
- Revitalize business and growth in our downtown area and in the county as a whole to improve the quality of life without sacrificing the natural beauty our County has to offer.
Chair Lucey is also promoting a culture of yes in Washoe County as the goal champion of the Washoe County Strategic Planning team focused on countywide intatives to encourage working as a professional unified team.
Current Board Appointments
- Reno Sparks Visitors Authority (current chair)
- Regional Transportation Commission
- Washoe County Debt Management Commission
- Washoe County Internal Audit Committee
- Nevada Association of Counties Board of Directors
- Western Regional Water Commission
- Washoe County School District Oversight Panel
- Tahoe Transportation District Board of Directors (alternate)
- Washoe County Criminal Justice Advisory Committee (alternate)
- Community Assistance Center Transitional Governing Board (alternate)
- Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (alternate)
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority (Alternate)
- Truckee River Flood Management Authority (Alternate)
- Washoe County Stadium Authority (Alternate)