Commissioner Bob Lucey
Elected in 2014, Bob Lucey serves as the Washoe County Commissioner proudly representing District 2, which includes areas south of Interstate 80, west of Virginia Street to the Huffaker area, down to Damonte Ranch and the southern border of Washoe County.
Commissioner Lucey attended the University of Nevada, Reno, is a fifth-generation Nevadan and a long-time resident of Washoe County. Prior to his election to the Washoe County Commission, Lucey was best known in the community for his professional real estate and investment businesses, as well as the owner of Advanced Pet Care animal hospital. Commissioner Lucey continues to be passionate about economic development, the protection of lands, and maintaining the rights of all citizens of Washoe County.
By creating a culture of “yes”, Lucey strives to bring the spirit and excitement of entrepreneurship to Washoe County. Commissioner Lucey is focused on transportation, tourism and recreation issues, currently serving on numerous boards including the Regional Transportation Commission, the Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority, and the Nevada Association of Counties Board of Directors. With public safety, water and regional parks & open space additional key issues for the Commissioner, he is currently leading Federal Legislation to both acquire federal lands for smart growth, as well as preserve land and open space for generations to come. Commissioner Lucey continually strives toward propelling Washoe County as a regional leader in the growth of our business community as we diversify our economy.
Current Board Appointments:
• Community Assistance Center Transitional Governing Board (Alternate)
• Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (Alternate)
• Nevada Association of Counties Board of Directors
• Regional Transportation Commission
• Reno-Sparks Convention & Visitors Authority
• Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Governing Board (Alternate)
• Tahoe Transportation District Board of Directors (Alternate)
• Tahoe Transportation Commission (Alternate)
• Truckee Meadows Water Authority
• Truckee River Flood Management Authority
• Washoe County Debt Management Commission
• Washoe County School District Capital Funding Protection Committee
• Washoe County School District Oversight Panel
• Washoe County Stadium Authority (Alternate)
• Western Regional Water Commission
Commissioner Lucey is the Washoe County Strategic Plan Goal Champion for vulnerable populations, leading a team to implement protective and supportive services to the most vulnerable in our community through every stage of life.
When he is not working, Commissioner Lucey, his wife and young children, love skiing, camping, hunting and exploring the outdoors in Lake Tahoe and northern Nevada.