Communicable Disease Prevention Program
The mission of the Communicable Disease Program is to provide comprehensive epidemiology services for Washoe County residents to detect, investigate, and respond to communicable diseases in order to reduce their incidence.
Services provided by the Communicable Disease (CD) Program include:
- Coordinating the countywide communicable disease reporting system.
- Conducting investigations of communicable disease cases.
- Detecting, controlling and preventing communicable disease in the community.
- Collecting, analyzing and disseminating communicable disease data and reports.
- Conducting surveillance programs.
- Designing, implementing and conducting epidemiologic activities in response to an epidemic.
- Educating the public about risk reduction and how it relates to communicable diseases.
- Developing communicable disease investigation protocol.
For more information call (775) 328-2447.
Last modified on 01/26/2016