COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Washoe County is actively responding to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). For more information about COVID-19, please see our infographic (en español). The regional COVID-19 website can be found at www.covid19Washoe.com.
The Health District is advising that anyone who has traveled out of state or by airline should self-isolate and monitor symptoms for a period of 14 days following their return in order to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Washoe County. Individuals who develop symptoms should contact their healthcare provider or the Health District at 775-328-2427.
Know the factors that put you at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19:
- Travel within the past 14 days both domestically and internationally
- Close contact with persons suspected, or confirmed, to have COVID-19
- If any of these apply to you, call your medical provider, or the Health District at 775-328-2427 24-7.
- If you traveled outside of Washoe County and are concerned that you might have COVID-19, you can fill out a survey instead of calling 775-328-2427.
It's very important that if you are sick, but don't meet any of the risks above, you should call your healthcare organization's telemedicine program first before you call your medical provider.
COVID-19 information in other languages
To see the information on this page, and any page on the interenet, users can have information translated through their browser.
- Information on language settings on Google Chrome
- Information on language settings on Internet Explorer
For the latest videos of press briefings click here, and here for latest news.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Will a mask help prevent contracting COVID-19? See the latest guidance from the CDC.