COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)

COVID-19 main image

Washoe County is actively responding to COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). The regional COVID-19 website can be found at  

Need a test? Call or go online (En Español) for a risk assessment:

Call your medical provider, or the Health District at 775-328-2427 24-7. 

It's very important that if you are sick, but don't meet any of the risks above, you should call your healthcare organization's telemedicine program first before you call your medical provider. 

Businesses with sick employees should not require them to return to work. See Governor's technical bulletin.

Travel Advisory

The Health District is advising that anyone who has traveled out of state or by airline should self-isolate and monitor symptoms for a period of 14 days following their return in order to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Washoe County. Individuals who develop symptoms should contact their healthcare provider or the Health District at 775-328-2427.

Short-Term Rental Advisory

Due to continuing concerns of people from out-of-state traveling to the area to stay in short-term rentals, WCHD is directing owners of short-term rental properties to inform people who travel from out of state into Washoe County and occupy short-term rentals that they must self-quarantine for 14 days and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. This means they should not leave the property unless there is an emergency, in order to prevent spread of COVID-19. When the 14 days has passed, occupants should only go out for essential needs and are subject to the Governor’s directive to stay at home and cover their faces when they do go out to prevent the spread of disease.

File complaints about facilities with COVID-19

To file a whistle-blower complaint with OSHA regarding care facilities in Washoe County, you can visit their website here. If someone has been fired, threatened to be fired or has been threatened to not disclose information during an investigation, those facilities will be held accountable.

In addition, to file a complaint with the state about a state licensed facility, you can do so on the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services - Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health website here. Complainants have the option to remain anonymous.

COVID-19 information in other languages

To see the information on this page, and any page on the interenet, users can have information translated through their browser. 

To see CDC information in Chinese, go here.  - 在这里查看CDC信息

To see CDC information in Spanish, go here.  - Ver información de los CDC aquí

For the latest videos of press briefings click here, and here for latest news.

Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)

Will a mask help prevent contracting COVID-19? See the latest guidance from the CDC.

How Quickly COVID-19 Can Spread