Getting Started

First determine if your property requiring a permit is indeed located within unincorporated Washoe County. It is possible your property may instead be within the sphere of influence of the Cities of Reno or Sparks. The location of the property will determine which agency you will need to visit for permit submission. Visit the WASHOE REGIONAL MAPPING SYSTEM to determine your property jurisdiction. 
Navigating the GIS Map


Once you have determined you are in the Unincorporated Washoe County, the next step would be to gather information to determine if your proposed project is allowed and what is needed to proceed. Our Project Information Sheet was designed to help guide you through our process, while providing you with the best experts that are available to assist you. 




Additional Information