Profile: Jeanne Herman
Washoe County Commissioner Jeanne Herman is a horse rancher who has raised her family in Northern Nevada and began serving as the County Commissioner representing District 5 in January of 2015. District 5 represents the largest physical district in the County, incorporating portions of Reno and Sparks, as well as Mogul/Verdi on the west, a portion of Sun Valley and the east Truckee Canyon, north to the California and Oregon border, to include North Valleys, Warm Springs, and Gerlach/Empire.
Commissioner Herman’s grandfather was elected as the Mayor of Nome, Alaska and she chose to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps when she ran for public office. Commissioner Herman has a strong belief in the U.S. constitution, God and has a deep love for her country. As a licensed realtor in Washington state, California and Nevada since 1971, Commissioner Herman is familiar with complex and ever changing regulations. She believes in following a strict code of ethics.
Commissioner Herman has volunteered for the 4-H program for more than 30 years. She has a passion for horses, spending her time off raising and training quarter horses and has been known to collect many championships along the way. Commissioner Herman is a long-standing community activist and enjoys uniting her neighbors, colleagues and friends to bring positive change to our community. Commissioner Herman is a former Washoe County Citizen Advisory Board Member for the Warm Springs community and believes whole-heartedly in donating her time to volunteering and in giving back to Washoe County.
- Criminal Justice Advisory Committee
- Nevada Association of Counties
- Open Space and Regional Parks Commission
- Verdi Water Service Oversight Advisory Board
- Regional Planning Governing Board
- Senior Services Advisory Board
- State Land Use Planning Advisory Council
- Truckee Meadows Water Authority Board
- Truckee River Flood Management Authority
- Washoe County Stadium Authority
- Western Regional Water Commission