Registration Update Forms
Have you moved since you last voted? Would you like to vote absentee in the next election(s)? Below you will find our frequently used forms. As always, if you have any questions regarding any of our forms, or do not see what you are looking for here, please call us at (775) 328-3670 and we will be happy to help.
All of the below forms must be printed, filled out, signed by the voter (signatures are required for
all requests and changes to a voter's record) and submitted to our office for processing.
Completed forms can be mailed, faxed, or emailed to our office.
1001 E Ninth Street
Reno, NV 89512
Fax: (775) 328-3747
If you would like to change your name or party affiliation, it will be necessary to fill out a new voter registration form.
- CHANGE OF ADDRESS ENGLISH- For voters currently registered in Washoe County.
- CHANGE OF ADDRESS ESPAÑOL
- If you have moved within Washoe County, you can use this form or the online system to update your address with our office.
- If you have moved from Washoe County into another county within the State, you must complete a new voter registration application and submit it to the county clerk/registrar for the county you now reside.
- If you have moved to Washoe County from another County within Nevada, you must submit a new registration application to our office in order to be registered to vote in Washoe County.
- ABSENT BALLOT REQUEST ENGLISH
- ABSENT BALLOT REQUEST ESPAÑOL
- An absent ballot request can be filled out and processed at the beginning of each election year.
- Your absent ballot request is only valid for the calendar year in which we receive it.
- It is important that you specify which election(s) you are requesting a ballot for.
- NEW for 2020 - now any registered voter in Washoe County may request a permanent absentee ballot for all future elections for which you are eligible to vote. Simply fill out the request for an absent ballot, and check the box next to "REQUEST PERMANENT STATUS." Please call or email our office if you have any questions.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT A REQUEST FOR AN ABSENT BALLOT IS THE SECOND TUESDAY PRIOR TO ANY ELECTION, AT 5 pm.
WE STRONGLY URGE YOU TO SEND IN YOUR REQUEST AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Ballots will be mailed to overseas and military voters 45 days prior to any election. Ballots with out-of-state mailing address will be mailed 40 days prior to any election.
Ballots with in-state addresses will be mailed 30 days prior to any election.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU PLAN ACCORDINGLY SO THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RECEIVE AND RETURN YOUR BALLOT IN A TIMELY MANNER.
- DECEASED VOTER NOTIFICATION ENGLISH
- DECEASED VOTER NOTIFICATION ESPAÑOL
- If you are aware of or get election/voter mail for a voter that you have personal knowledge of as being deceased, it would help the Registrar of Voters office if you print out this form and submit it to us so that we may remove the deceased voter from the voting rolls. It is a quick and easy way to help us keep the voter registration rolls as accurate as possible.
- REQUEST TO WITHHOLD ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FROM PUBLIC NRS 293.558 ENGLISH
- REQUEST TO WITHHOLD ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER FROM PUBLIC NRS 293.558 ESPAÑOL
- NRS allows a voter to submit a written request asking for his/her address and/or phone number to be withheld from any list produced by the Registrar of Voters Office. Identification numbers are never disclosed to the public.
- CANCEL MY VOTER REGISTRATION IN WASHOE COUNTY ENGLISH
- CANCEL MY VOTER REGISTRATION IN WASHOE COUNTY ESPAÑOL
- You may request to have your voter registration canceled for any reason.