The Washoe County Registrar of Voters offers many ways for you to apply for voter registration. You may register by mail, in person, or online.
Registering to vote by mail— You may apply to register to vote by completing and submitting, by mail, a voter registration application which is available at any of the following locations:
- Washoe County Libraries
- Some Washoe County Offices
- Local U.S. Post Offices
- City Offices
- The Office of the Registrar of Voters
- Washoe County Registrar of Voters Office - 1001 E. 9th St, Bldg A, Reno, NV 89512
- State of Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
- Public Assistance Agencies
- State-funded programs that serve people with disabilities
Same Day Registration (SDR) - You may register to vote or update your current voter registration in-person at any Early Voting or Election Day polling location during a current election. All new registrants must provide a current and valid Nevada Driver's license or Nevada Identification card and proof of residency, if different than the address on your identification, when registering to vote in-person at a polling location.
Am I Eligible to Vote?
- Be a United States citizen (NRS 293.485);
- Have attained the age of 18 by Election Day (NRS 293.485, NV Const. Art. 2 Sec. 1);
- Be 17 years of age in order to preregister;
- Have continuously resided in Nevada and in Washoe County for 30 days, and in the precinct 10 days prior to the next election (NRS 293.485);
- Provide proof of identity and residency, such as a current and valid Nevada Driver’s license or Nevada Identification card or other official document (NAC 239.395); and
- Not be laboring under any loss of civil rights that would make it unlawful to vote (such as Guardianship).
Online Voter Registration Services
- Register to vote
- Update your address
- Change your party
- and more