- 2018 Election Information
- Election Infrastructure Security
- Registrar of Voters
- Elected Officials
- Voter Forms
- Past Election Results
- Voter Registration Statistics
- Precinct History
- Field Registrar and Registration Drive Training
- Community Outreach
- Military and Overseas Citizens
- Voters with Disabilities
- College Student Information
- Civil Rights Restored-Prior Felony
- New Voting Tablet Introduction
- Absent Ballot Information
- Voter's Bill of Rights
- Ballot Questions
- Election Information 2016
- Sample Ballot Information
- Contribution and Expenditure Reports
- Contact Us
- How do I request my address and telephone number be withheld from publicly available lists?
- How do I register to vote?
- How will I know if I am registered to vote?
- When and where can I early vote?
- Who is eligible to register to vote?
- Where can I get a voter registration form?
- What information is required to complete a Voter Registration Application?
- Why would I have to re-register to vote?
- What if I am in the Military or Live Overseas?
- What is the deadline to submit a voter registration application prior to an election?
- Why do I have to choose a party affiliation when I register to vote?
- What are Major and Minor Political Parties?
- What is the difference between a sample ballot and a mail/absentee ballot?
- Are Washoe County Elections Secure?
Why would I have to re-register to vote?
You would re-register if you:
1. Have changed your place of residence and/or mailing address since the last time you voted (a change of address card may also be used for this purpose),
2. Want to change your political party affiliation,
3. Have changed your name since your previous registration (i.e. married or legal name change),
4. Moved back into Washoe County from another Nevada County or State,
5. Have been "canceled" for reasons such as moving to another jurisdiction or per your request to be removed from the voting roles.