Incline Village/Crystal Bay Claims
The content of this site is pending final approval and some of the links and forms (including the Claim Form) are not yet active.
We anticipate this content will be updated no later than November 2nd, 2020. Thank you for your patience.
NOTICE REGARDING RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES IN THE INCLINE VILLAGE/CRYSTAL BAY AREA
Be advised that on October 21, 2019 a decision in favor of the taxpayers was granted in the matter entitled “Village League to Save Incline Assets, Inc. et al. v. State of Nevada on relation of the State Board of Equalization et al.,” Case No CV03-06922 in the Second Judicial District Court, Washoe County, Nevada. By order of the District Court, the Washoe County Assessor’s Office has been directed to replace taxable land values for certain parcels in Incline Village and Crystal Bay billed for tax years 2003/04, & 2004/05, with the 2002/03 taxable land values and apply a factor of .08% to the 2002/03 values for the 2005/06 year.
As a result, and pursuant to an agreement conditionally approved by the District Court on October 13, 2020, a list has been established of residential parcels in Incline Village/Crystal Bay which are affected. If you were an owner of record for a listed property during tax years 2003/04, 2004/05 or 2005/06, you may be eligible for refund of a resulting property tax overpayment and applicable interest. You must submit a claim in order to receive any refund. Instructions on how to search for your parcel, along with corrected taxable values, and frequently asked questions, can be viewed here before you submit your claim.
- Prior to submitting a claim, each owner should follow the instructions to locate their parcel, corrected values for affected tax years, and additional forms that may be needed for your claim. If the owner has any questions related to the parcel and/or values, they should contact the Assessor’s Office by telephone at 775-328-2203 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification. Any questions or concerns related to values should be resolved prior to submitting a claim.
- Eligible parties MUST SUBMIT AN OFFICIAL CLAIM FORM NO LATER THAN 11:59:59 PM (PST) MAY 1, 2023. Any claim submitted after that time will be denied, and any right to receive a refund will be considered waived, unless it meets the Unlocated Owner criteria noted below.
- A claim may be filed one of two ways:
- Complete and submit the official Claim Form, including required W-9 information, and any other documentation needed with your claim, via the secure link on Washoe County Treasurer’s claims website.
- Complete the official Claim Form, including required W-9 information, and any other documentation needed with your claim, and mail to:
- Claims MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 11:59:59 PM (PST) MAY 1, 2023, unless they meet the unlocated owner criteria noted below.
- Upon submission, Treasurer will issue a claim receipt containing receipt date and claim number. If you submit your claim via secure online upload, a receipt number will be emailed to you.
- Submission of a claim does not guarantee a refund.
- All claims are subject to validation by Washoe County Treasurer’s Office.
- Only duly qualified, validated claims will be processed.
- Claims will be processed, as much as possible, in the order received. Processing times may vary, so refunds may not be issued in that same order.
- Refunds are scheduled to be issued beginning July 1, 2021, with a deadline of June 21, 2024, for all refunds to be paid.
- Unlocated Owners: In the event the Treasurer is unable to locate an owner of a listed parcel and provide official notice to them by February 28, 2023, their deadline to file a claim is TWO MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION, SENT VIA U.S. CERTIFIED MAIL to the last known address.
- Inquiries and questions can be emailed to mailto:IVCBclaims@washoecounty.us or you may call Washoe County Treasurer at 775-328-2510.