General Questions

How can I contact the Treasurer's Office?
Our office can be contacted at (775) 328-2510 or by email at

Where can I get a copy of my deed?
Please visit the Washoe County Recorder's website at: and click on the online records search link, or you can call their office at: (775) 328-3661.

What is the sales tax rate?
The State of Nevada administers sales tax. For a list of current sales tax rates, please visit their website at:  or you may contact their call center at: (866) 962-3707 during the hours of 8:00 am to to 5:00 pm, Pacific Time.

How do I change my mailing address?

The owner of a property can request a change of mailing address for your property taxes by:

Using our online form


Fax: (775) 328-2500

Mail: Washoe County Treasurer P.O. Box 30039 Reno, NV 89520-3039

Be sure to write legibly and include: your name, property address/parcel number, current mailing address, new mailing address, and your signature.

Where is the Treasurer's Office located?
The Washoe County Treasurer's Office is located at: 1001 East Ninth St., Bldg D, Room 140, Reno, NV 89512 MAP TO OUR OFFICE

What are your hours of operation?

The Washoe County Treasurer's Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

The office is closed on weekends and all major holidays.

I paid off my mortgage. How do I get a copy of my tax bill?

Contact our office at (775) 328-2510 or by email at and request a duplicate tax bill for the current tax year and request that all future tax bills be sent directly to you.

You can also print a copy of your tax information online at:

What else does the Treasurer's Office collect?
We also collect utility payments for the Community Services Department as well as other billed accounts for various County Departments.

What is the secured tax roll?
The secured tax roll is the listing of real property as prepared annually by the Assessor.

What is the unsecured tax roll?
Property that is taxed on the unsecured roll includes mobile homes, commercial personal property and aircraft.

What is the transfer tax rate?
Transfer tax is handled by the County Recorder's Office. Please visit their website at: and click on the schedule of fees link, or you can call their office at (775) 328-3661.