- Living Here
- Doing Business
- Health & Safety
- Homes & Property
- Your Government
- All Departments
- Alternate Public Defender
- Alternative Sentencing
- Animal Services
- Board of County Commissioners
- Building and Safety
- Citizen Involvement
- Clerk's Office
- Community Services Department
- Cooperative Extension
- Coroner's Office
- District Attorney
- District Court
- Emergency Management
- Engineering and Capital Projects
- Geographic Information Systems
- Green Team
- Human Resources
- Incline Village Justice Court
- Juvenile Services
- Law Library
- Manager's Office
- Northern Nevada Regional Intelligence Center
- Parks and Open Space
- Planning & Development
- Public Administrator
- Public Defender
- Public Guardian
- Recorder's Office
- Reno Justice Court
- Senior Services
- Sheriff's Office
- Social Services
- Sparks Justice Court
- Technology Services
- Treasurer's Office
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District
- Truckee Meadows Flood Project
- Utility Services
- Voters, Registrar of
- Available for Adoption
Birth Parent Information
Special Needs Adoption Process
- Who can adopt?
- Do you have to become a foster parent in order to adopt?
- What are the fees associated with adoption?
- Are adoptive parents eligible for subsidy?
- Will we have a choice as to the child we adopt?
- Are we told everything about the child? (i.e. medical history, family situation, education, religion, employment, background of parents, reason for relinquishments, etc.)
Foster Care Services
Requirements for Becoming a Foster Parent
Characteristics of Foster and Adoptive Families
TIPS Foster Training
- Types of Foster Care
- Foster Care Forms
Advanced Foster Parent Training
Foster Care FAQs
- What is the need for foster parents?
- Who are the children that need foster care?
- What are the ages of children in foster care?
- How long does a child usually stay in foster care?
- Do I get to choose the children who come into my foster home?
- What kind of financial/medical help is available if I foster children?
- What kind of help can I receive in caring for a foster child?
- Can we foster if we both work full time?
- How many children can be in a foster home?
- What are the required conditions of my home to become a foster home?
- Can foster parents adopt children?
- What are the classes like, that prepares people to care for foster children?
- Requirements for Becoming a Foster Parent
- Independent Living
- Child Care & Early Childhood Services
Child Protective Services
Child Protective Service FAQs
- What is child abuse and neglect?
- What happens during a CPS investigation?
- What are the possible outcomes of a CPS investigation?
- Is discipline considered abuse?
- What happens if my child is placed into protective custody?
- Can I see my child if he or she is in protective custody?
- When & where can I get a lawyer if my child is taken into protective custody?
- What is a Protective Custody Hearing?
- What is an Adjudicatory Hearing?
- What is an Evidentiary Hearing?
- What is a Dispositional Hearing?
- What is a Multidisciplinary Team Meeting (MDT)?
- What is a Review Hearing?
- What is a Permanency Hearing?
- How do I get my child back from protective custody?
- How much time do I have to get my child back from protective custody?
- Are you of Native American descent?
- What can I do if I disagree with my social worker?
- What is a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)?
- What is Child Protective Services?
- How did CPS hear about me?
- Child Protective Service FAQs
Other Ways You Can Help
- Child and Family Team Meetings
- Micah and Nehemiah.jpg
- Adoption Services
- Adult Services
Washoe County Housing
- About Us
- Children's Services