Stalking and Harassment

Stalking and Harassment

If you reasonably believe that you are the victim of a stalking and/or harassment, or you are the parent/guardian of a child and you reasonably believe that the child has been the victim of stalking and/or harassment, you may petition the court for a Temporary Protection Order.  If your case involves a domestic, dating or intimate relationship (i.e. boyfriend, girlfriend, son, daughter, husband, wife, etc.), you will need to visit the Second Judicial District Court's website for filing information or contact them at 775.328.3468.

The stalking and/or harassment must be either occurring or have taken place in the jurisdiction of Sparks Township or the Adverse Party must live in the jurisdiction of Sparks Township.  A consistent pattern of stalking and/or harassment over a period of time must be presented for the consideration of the Order.

Applying for a Temporary Protection Order

  • Be as specific as possible to include dates and times, locations and any witnesses.
  • It is helpful to list the allegations in chronological order.
  • Include any supporting documentation you may have to help substantiate your allegations such as:
    • Documentation of phone calls or text messages
    • Pictures
    • Written notes
    • Any other written documentation.
  • If you have a filed a police report, you may include a copy of the report with the application.
  • Remember, the application and any supporting documents are public record and may be viewed by any member of the public, including the Adverse Party.
  • You are signing the application under penalty of perjury, so any false or misleading statements may subject you to criminal penalties and/or denial of your petition.

Workplace Protection Order

If you need to petition the court for a Temporary Order for Protection in the Workplace, you will need to come down to the court to speak with a clerk as there is a $125 filing fee associated with this type of Order.