For a complete list of traffic schools that will be accepted by the Sparks Justice Court, please refer to the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles website at dmvnv.com.
If you were cited for a violation that carries more than one (1) demerit against your license, and you qualify with the requirements below, you may be eligible to take traffic school.
- You were not involved in an accident
- You have not taken traffic school within the last twelve (12) months
- Your citation does not require a mandatory appearance whether court required or officer required
If you were cited for Reckless Driving, Aggressive Driving, Careless Driving or Hit and Run, you will need to appear and request traffic school with the judge to see if you are eligible.
If you are unsure how many demerits your cited violation carries, please contact the Citation Department at 775.353.7600.
Traffic School Motion
There are three ways to request traffic school at the Sparks Justice Court to avoid having the cited demerits points reported to the DMV:
- Appear at the court and fill out the Traffic School Request form before your scheduled arraignment date and pay the fines and fees assessed
- Please notate the amount of fines and fees assessed on your citation
- Mail in the Traffic School Request to the court before your scheduled arraignment date along with fines and fees assessed
- Appear at the court on your scheduled arraignment date and request traffic school with the judge
Please contact the court for the correct fines and fees to be imposed.