Recorder's Office

Washoe County Recorder
Kalie Work

Washoe County Recorder
Kalie M. Work
1001 E. Ninth St. Bldg. A
Reno, NV 89512
(775) 328-3661


In response to growing concerns over COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and to maintain compliance with Governor Sisolak's order, the Recorder's Office is working to assist you with remote resources. As a reminder, our normal office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday.

  • In-person recording submissions are to be dropped off in the Recorder's Office drop-box envelope (located at Security) during normal business hours. Recorded document(s) will be mailed back to the submitter.
  • Electronic recording submissions will be recorded during normal business hours.
  • Alternatively, document(s) may be mailed to: Washoe County Recorder 1001 E. 9th St. A-140, Reno, NV 89512.
  • Our research library is currently closed to the public. Search and copy requests are accessible at our Document Search and Copies website.
  • For customers dropping off Maps, please call our hotline at 775-326-6021 to schedule an appointment.

Our primary focus is the safety and wellbeing of our community.

We remain committed to providing information, guidance, and resources to serve the public with as limited disruption as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.

For additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the Recorder by email at, or phone 775-328-3661, and leaving a detailed message.

The Washoe County Recorder’s Office is dedicated to recording, permanently preserving and providing convenient access to property, mining, and marriage records. The office is also responsible for collecting real property transfer tax on transfers of real property and producing certified copies of official county records. We are committed to protecting the integrity of our County’s historical records.

Kalie M. Work serves as the Washoe County Recorder where she advocates for the use of technology to make local government more efficient, secure, and user-friendly.

We hope that you will find our website to easy to navigate. You’ll find information, forms, access to public records, and links to other departments.

We look forward to hearing your feedback.

More Information »


The Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center at UNR is the campuses primary library and also hosts the Digital Collection, a website that makes available historical documents from the Northern Nevada area scanned in ultra high resolution. The Recorder's office has made available some of our more interesting historical record books to UNR so that they could undergo this scanning process. More Information »

Searching by Assessor's Parcel Number (APN) is now available on our online Document Search and Copies and in our office. More Information »

Our document searching and ordering system is now available in Spanish! Simply enter the system and then click the Español button in the upper right-hand corner. Search in Spanish »

Our customer satisfaction survey is designed to capture your experience with our office. Tell us what is working well and where we have work to do right here ».

Document Search and Copies

Search for, and order copies of, marriage certificates, records regarding real property, such as deeds, liens, homesteads etc., UCC documents, and maps. Learn More »


Office Hours

Monday - Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT
(closed on legal holidays)


1001 E. Ninth Street
Bldg. A, Rooms 140/150
Reno, NV 89512

Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »