COVID-19 Updates Impacting Washoe County Parks
All Washoe County Parks trails and open spaces will remain open for your enjoyment at this time. Enjoy the fresh air! Some restrooms will be open but we ask people to use these one at a time and please "go before you go!" whenever possible.
Please practice social distancing and avoid close contact with others. The CDC recommends a minimum of 6 feet distance to help reduce the risk of spread between individuals.
Do not congregate in groups of 10 or more. While we pride ourselves on being a friendly community, please avoid social gatherings in our parks at this time. For a copy of the Governor's Directive, click here.
To best protect our customers and employees, and to remain consistent with the Governor's direction to shut down all non-essential services and limit gatherings until April 30th, Washoe County Parks is implementing several closures and suspensions throughout the Washoe County Park system.
The following facilities are currently CLOSED to the public until at least April 30th:
- The Wilbur D. May Museum at Rancho San Rafael Park
- The Galena Creek Visitor Center at Galena Creek Regional Park
- The HIVE at Lazy 5 Regional Park
- The Davis Creek Campground
- Washoe County's Regional Shooting Facility
- Washoe County's Regional Archery Facility
- Washoe Tennis Center
- All Park Offices
- Individual and group picnic areas
- Playground structures
- Parcourses (calisthenics equipment)
- Volleyball courts
- Basketball courts
- Tennis/Pickleball courts
- Horseshoe pits
- All ball fields (baseball, soccer, flat fields, etc.)
- All drinking fountains
- All indoor recreation at THE HIVE at Lazy 5 Regional Park, including open gym for pickleball and basketball
- All contract classes
- All field use permits
- The Congregated Meal programs at Cold Springs Park and Lazy 5 Regional Park
- All volunteering
Operational Changes at Washoe County Golf Course and Sierra Sage Golf Course
Washoe County Golf Course and Sierra Sage Golf Course will be eliminating the use of power golf carts and golf course owned pull carts. To limit face-to-face interactions, a prepaid option for customers will also now be available on each golf course's website. This new protocol will last until further notice.
The following events are either canceled or postponed:
- Little Sprouts at the May Arboretum - April 7, 9
- Truckee Meadows Earth Day – April 26
- Bowers Mansion Civil War Event - May 9
- May Arboretum Society Plant Sale - May 9 & 10
Regarding private reservations at park facilities:
We will be canceling all park facility reservations through April 30th per the Governor's mitigation initiative. No administrative fees will be charged for reservation changes or cancellations. We appreciate your patience while our reservations staff reaches out to all of our customers. If you need immediate assistance, please call (775) 823-6501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All park rules and regulations still apply. PLEASE leash dogs, clean up after them and keep dogs off of the athletic fields.
We greatly appreciate your patience during these uncertain and difficult times. Because this is a fluid situation that is changing quickly, we will continue to update this page whenever any new information is available.
For up-to-date information and a complete list of closures by agency please visit the COVID19 pages for City of Reno and City of Sparks.