Regional Shooting Facility
COVID-19 MODIFIED OPERATIONS UPDATE:
Washoe County's Regional Shooting Facility is currently open with modifications. To keep up with the current restrictions, directives, and declarations of the Governor's office, please visit the Nevada Health Response website:
- All visitors and staff must wear a face covering at all times.
- Public shooting line will be open with every other table available, allowing for 6 feet of social distancing at all times.
- Tables will be disinfected between users during cease fire.
- Specialty ranges are available by permit for groups of 25 or less. Bays 2-9 will continue to be available by permit for groups of 10 or less. Groups are required to allow for social distancing of 6 feet at all times and disinfection of tables and common surfaces.
- Classroom use is available during modified operations at 25% capacity (limited to 13 people).
- Visitors must bring their own ear and eye protection; rentals of safety protection is not available. Disposable ear protection is available for sale.
- Modified operations will be in place until further notice.
- Range hours are 8am-4pm, Friday-Monday as usual.
The Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility is located at 21555 Pyramid Way, 22 miles north on Pyramid Highway. (775) 475-2991. Reservations are not required for the Public Range, but all other ranges must be reserved for use. Please contact Parks Reservations at (775) 823-6501 for more information.
- The Public Range is open to the public Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
- Hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm all year round
Youth and Seniors $5.00/day
Scopes, ear protection, targets, and rifle rests are available for nominal fees.
Annual passes, group reservations and classroom rentals are also available. Call for more information.
There are no firearm rentals or ammunition sales.
The 650 acre Regional Shooting Facility currently provides shooting and training opportunities for the general public, local shooting clubs and law enforcement agencies. The range is also utilized by several military units stationed in the area as well as firearms instructors who reserve time at the range to provide training for individuals interested in obtaining various certifications.
The Regional Shooting Facility currently consists of:
* Public Ranges include target points at 200, 100, 50, 25 and a 15 yards.
Steel gongs located at 2 @ 300, 2 @ 400, 1 @ 500, 1 @ 600, 1 @ 700 and 1 @ 954 yards
By Reservation Only:
* High Power Ranges include – 1000, 600, 300 and 200 yards
* High Power Silhouette Range
* Practical Pistol Competition Range (PPC Range)
* Small Bore Range
* International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC Range)
Click here to view the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility Rules and Information for Range Use.