Rancho San Rafael Regional Park - Multi Use Pasture
Located on the west side of Rancho San Rafael Regional Park, this large multi-use pasture is the only area of the park where dogs are permitted to run off-leash. This popular portion of the park was temporarily closed during the winter of 2015/16, but has reopened after responding well to measures taken during the closure and the moisture received over winter. Please note, however, that the lower, most eastern portion of the pasture will continue to be closed.
Link Piazzo Dog Park
Located within Hidden Valley Regional Park (4740 Parkway Drive, off Pembroke Drive), the Link Piazzo Dog Park offers two separately fenced areas: one for large dogs, and one just for small dogs 30 pounds and under. There is also a double gated entrance so dogs cannot easily escape, water fountains, park benches, shade structures, waste receptacles, and a restroom facility nearby.
PLEASE NOTE: The Link Piazzo Dog Park will be closed from May 4-22, 2020 while we perform annual maintenance necessary to preserve the turf. There are currently no other off leash options within Hidden Valley Regional Park, but please see the listing at the bottom of this page for other options within Washoe County.
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING RULES PURSUANT TO WASHOE COUNTY CODE:
- Pet handlers are legally responsible for the behavior of their dogs and any injuries or damages caused by any action of their dogs.
- All dogs must be physically leashed upon entering and exiting the dog park.
- Electronic collars and voice control are not considered leashes.
- Pet handlers are required by law (WC Chapter 55) to clean up after their dogs, waste receptacles are provided.
- All dogs must have current licenses and vaccination tags.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted - handlers must remove their dog upon the first sign of aggression.
- Professional dog trainers may not use the facility to conduct their business.
- Dogs shall not dig or disturb park resources. Handlers must repair the damage and should not return if this is a common practice for their dog.
- Limit of three dogs per handler.
- Dogs younger than 4 months are not permitted.
- Dogs that are ill, injured, or in heat are not permitted.
- Be cautious of dog toys; some dogs don't like to share.
- Children age 12 and under need to be supervised at all times.
For any animal related issues or concerns, please contact Animal Control Dispatch at (775) 322-3647.
Other off-leash options (not managed by Washoe County) include:
Virginia Lake Park Dog Park, 1980 Lakeside Dr., Reno, NV 89503
Whitaker Park Dog Park, 550 University Terrace, Reno, NV 89503
- Biggest Little Dog Park, 151 West Commercial Row, Reno, NV 89501
Sparks Marina Park Dog Park, 300 Howard Dr., Sparks, NV 89436