Opening day for tours is Saturday, May 15, 2021. Certain COVID restrictions may apply.
The Historic Bowers Mansion is located within Bowers Mansion Regional Park.
Tour back in time to Nevada's heyday and see how Comstock millionaires Eilley and Sandy Bowers lived the posh life in Washoe Valley. Picnic, swim and play on the grounds as every generation of visitors has done since the Victorian era.
Bowers Mansion is open seasonally (weekends and holidays), usually from Memorial Day through Nevada Day weekend. Tours are every hour, on the hour, from 11:00am-4:00pm. Summer group tours are also available by appointment. Call the mansion for details at (775) 849-0201.
Adults (ages 18-61) - $9
Seniors (ages 62+) - $6
Children (ages 6-17) - $6
Children ages 5 and under are free.
The mansion and its history has been featured in various videos & articles. Click the links below to view them:
'Wild Nevada' (Episode 509)
'Knowing Nevada' video (News 4)
Legendary Nevadans: Eilley LegendBowers of Washoe Valley (Travel Nevada)
Biography of Alison (Eilley) Oram Bowers (Nevada Women's History Project)
'Mysteries at the Castle' (Season 3, Episode 3) This episode aired on January 22, 2016. (skip to 29:19 in the video)
Bonanza (Season 1, Episode 7) - Aired on October 24, 1959, the mansion is shown at the end of the show (48:30 in the video) as the home constructed by Annie O’Toole after striking it rich.
Nevada Infantry History
For future event dates, keep an eye on our calendar of events page.
* Bowers Mansion Pool * Individual picnic sites (1st Come, 1st Serve) * Group picnic areas (call 775-823-6501 to reserve) * Children's playgrounds * Hiking trail to the Bowers family grave site
Please note that due to the historical significance, pets are not allowed at Bowers Mansion Regional Park with the exception of service animals.
Bowers Mansion Curator, Tammy Buzick, at (775) 849-0201
Bowers Mansion Regional Park - Park Ranger Office at (775) 849-1825
- Take I-580 south towards Carson City and take Exit 16
- Turn right (south) onto Old US Highway 395 for 1.4 miles
From Carson City:
- Take I-580 north towards Reno and take Exit 10 (Eastlake Blvd.)
- Turn left onto Eastlake Blvd. and go under freeway. Then, turn right (north) onto Old US Highway 395 for 5.6 miles