The Historic Bowers Mansion is located within Bowers Mansion Regional Park.
Bowers Mansion is open seasonally (weekends and holidays), usually from Memorial Day through Nevada Day weekend. Tours are every hour, on the hour, from 11:00am-4:00pm. Summer group tours are also available by appointment. Call the mansion for details at (775) 849-0201 or email Mansion Curator Tammy Buzick at email@example.com.
Thank you to all those who helped make the 2018 season at Bowers Mansion a great one! The 2019 season will kick-off with a Civil War Reenactment on Saturday, May 18th from 10am to 3pm. In the mean time, click here for a walk-through tour of your own.
Adults (ages 18-61) - $9
Seniors (ages 62+) - $6
Children (ages 6-17) - $6
Children ages 5 and under are free.
The history of Bowers Mansion has been featured in various videos & articles. Click the links below to view them:
'Knowing Nevada' video (News 4)
Legendary Nevadans: Eilley LegendBowers of Washoe Valley (Travel Nevada)
Biography of Alison (Eilley) Oram Bowers (Nevada Women's History Project)
'Mysteries at the Castle' Episode 303, skip to 35:10 in the video (Travel Channel)
* Bowers Mansion Pool * Individual picnic sites (1st Come, 1st Serve) * Group picnic areas (call 775-823-6501 to reserve) * Children's playgrounds * Hiking trail to the Bowers family grave site
Please note that due to the historical significance, pets are not allowed at Bowers Mansion Regional Park with the exception of service animals.
Bowers Mansion Curator, Tammy Buzick at (775) 849-0201
Bowers Mansion Regional Park - Park Ranger Office at (775) 849-1825
- Take I-580 south towards Carson City and take Exit 50
- Turn right (south) onto Old US Highway 395 for 1.4 miles
From Carson City:
- Take I-580 north towards Reno and take Exit 44 (Eastlake Blvd.)
- Turn left onto Eastlake Blvd. and go under freeway. Then, turn right (north) onto Old US Highway 395 for 5.6 miles