Galena Creek Regional Park
North Entrance: 18250 Mt. Rose Highway, Reno, NV 89511 (click here to view a map)
South Entrance: 18350 Mt. Rose Highway, Reno, NV 89511 (click here to view a map)
Park Ranger Office: (775) 849-2511
This park is popular year-round. In the summer, enjoy hiking in the Sierra along Galena, Jones and White's Creeks. In the winter, visit the park for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and sledding.
Fire and Charcoal Grill Restrictions - 8/8/2020
Please be advised that the Washoe County park system is aligned with Humbold-Toiyabe National Forest and BLM in restricting campfires and the use of charcoal pits at all parks until fire restrictions are lifted. Fires, campfires, or barbecues using wood, charcoal or other materials with the exception of portable stoves/grills using gas, jellied petroleum or pressurized liquid fuel are prohibited. This includes the use of campfire rings at Davis Creek Regional Park, and barbecues located through the park system. If you choose to bring your portable propane grill, please make sure to place it on a concrete pad near the park's charcoal grill, and not under trees or in the parking lot.
Recreation at Marilyn's Pond
- Fishing hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Please follow social distancing requirements and give other anglers plenty of space - at least 6 feet of distance.
- As a courtesy to other anglers and Park Staff, please pack out all of your trash, including discarded fishing line and bait containers. Leave No Trace!
- A current valid fishing license or permit issued by the Nevada Department of Wildlife is required for all anglers over the age of 12. Purchase your annual license or one (1) day permit here.
- Fishing hours are 8:00 a.m. to 30 minutes before park closing (posted at the park entrance)
- There is a limit of three (3) fish per angler, including resident youth anglers (under age 12). Non-resident youth anglers may keep one (1) fish.
Galena Creek is also a fun fishing option within the park, offering both Rainbow and Brook Trout. Limit is five (5) per angler.
For more information about fishing at Galena Creek Regional Park, including the latest stocking updates, please visit the Nevada Department of Wildlife's Fishing Page.
Stop Poaching! Please call the Galena Creek Regional Park Ranger Office at 775-849-2511 or NDOW at 1-800-992-3030 to report information on any wildlife related crime.
Park Trail Maps are available here.
Rules and Regulations are available here.
Activities: BBQ/Picnicking, Campfire Programs, Hiking, Horseshoe Pits, Fishing, Junior Ranger Program, Photography, Snow Shoeing (winter), Volleyball, Weddings, Wildlife Viewing
Facilities: Bearmat Group Picnic Area, Camp We Ch Me Lodge, Galena Creek Fish Hatchery, Galena Creek Visitor Center, Jones Creek Group Picnic Area, Manzanita Group Picnic Area