Galena Creek Regional Park
North Entrance: 18250 Mt. Rose Highway, Reno, NV 89511 (click here to view a map)
South Entrance: 18350 Mt. Rose Highway, Reno, NV 89511 (click here to view a map)
Park Ranger Office: (775) 849-2511
This park is popular year-round. In the summer, enjoy hiking in the Sierra along Galena, Jones and White's Creeks. In the winter, visit the park for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and sledding.
Park Trail Maps are available here.
Rules and Regulations are available here.
Recreation at Marilyn's Pond
- Fishing hours are 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. until Memorial Day weekend
- Please continue to follow social distancing reccomendations and give other anglers plenty of space - at least 6 feet of distance.
- As a courtesy to other anglers and Park Staff, please pack out all of your trash, including discarded fishing line and bait containers. Leave No Trace!
- A current valid fishing license or permit issued by the Nevada Department of Wildlife is required for all anglers over the age of 12. Purchase your annual license or one (1) day permit here.
- Fishing hours are 8:00 a.m. to 30 minutes before park closing (posted at the park entrance)
- There is a limit of three (3) fish per angler, including resident youth anglers (under age 12). Non-resident youth anglers may keep one (1) fish.
Galena Creek is also a fun fishing option within the park, offering both Rainbow and Brook Trout. Limit is five (5) per angler.
For more information about fishing at Galena Creek Regional Park, including the latest stocking updates, please visit the Nevada Department of Wildlife's Fishing Page.
Stop Poaching! Please call the Galena Creek Regional Park Ranger Office at 775-849-2511 or NDOW at 1-800-992-3030 to report information on any wildlife related crime.
Activities: BBQ/Picnicking, Campfire Programs, Hiking, Horseshoe Pits, Fishing, Junior Ranger Program, Photography, Snow Shoeing (winter), Volleyball, Weddings, Wildlife Viewing
Facilities: Bearmat Group Picnic Area, Camp We Ch Me Lodge, Galena Creek Fish Hatchery, Galena Creek Visitor Center, Jones Creek Group Picnic Area, Manzanita Group Picnic Area