Galena Fish Hatchery
Galena Fish Hatchery is located in the Galena Creek Regional Park
Description: This rustic and handsomely restored stone building is perfectly suited for the natural beauty that surrounds it. The fish hatchery has high ceilings with fans and a kitchen/serving area. The outdoor patio area offers breathtaking views of Galena Creek, Marilyn's Pond and the surrounding pine forest.
Parking close to the building is limited with only 24 regular parking spaces and one handicapped space. It is recommended that a drop-off and pick-up plan is in place when reserving the building. Restroom facilities are detached from the building and shared with other park users.
*The Fish Hatchery is available May 1 through mid-October weather permitting.
* Approximately 25, 30 X 72 rectangular folding tables
* Approximately 190 folding chairs
* Linens are not provided
* Large counter space
* No Playground
* Restrooms located outside of the building
* No Wi-Fi or audio/video equipment available
Park Reservable Hours:
* 8:00 am to 10:00 pm Sunday through Thursday
* 8:00 am to 12:00 am Friday and Saturday
* The Cancellation Policy is in effect when the reservation is made. Please read the Terms and Conditions before making a reservation
* Reservations are made one year in advance from the current date
* Fees are due at the time the reservation is made
* Some events require a Certificate of Liability insurance that names Washoe County as an additional insured. Contact Parks Reservation staff for requirement
* Alcohol is not permitted at any reservable facility unless permitted through a Facility Use Permit
* A security guard is required for events that go past 6:00 pm. Alert Security Services is currently the approved vendor for Parks’ facilities.
* Hours must include your set up and clean up
* Vendor trucks are not allowed in the park without prior authorization. If you would like your event catered by a vendor truck, please contact Parks Reservations for rules and regulations
* Music, or any amplified sound, is not permitted in outside facilities. Doors must remain closed to the building
* No open flames permitted (floating candles, candles, tiki torches or other open flame articles)
* No tape, tacks, or nails can be used for decorations
* No piñatas, glitter, confetti, rice, or birdseed permitted
* All Washoe County buildings are non-smoking facilities
* Your group is responsible for knowing and adhering to all Washoe County Park rules
2015/2016 Facility Use Fee
$125.00/hr with a 2-hour minimum
$500.00 refundable cleaning/security deposit
To make a reservation by phone with a Visa or MasterCard, contact Parks Reservations at (775) 823-6501, or in person by check or money order at 1001 E 9th Street, Bldg A, 2nd Floor. Note: Checks will not be accepted less than 30 days to the event.
Ranger Office: (775) 849-2511
Reservations: (775) 823-6501
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org