Junior Ranger Program
Park Rangers are the men and women you see in uniform patrolling our parks. Their primary goal is to make sure the parks are preserved and protected. Junior Rangers can help! Together with an adult or friend, use the Junior Ranger Activity Guide to learn more about safety, wildlife, ecology, and activities you can enjoy in the park. Then, earn a certificate and "badge" once you've completed the activities and turned in the evaluation form!
Follow the steps below to become a Washoe County Junior Ranger!
- Download and print the Junior Ranger Activity Guide, or pick one up from your local park office
- Complete as many pages as your age (ex. An 8 year old would choose any 8 pages to complete)
- Review and discuss what you've discovered with an adult, using this Answer Key to check you work
- Fill out the evaluation form (last page)
- Bring the evaluation form to any Washoe County Park Ranger office in person or by mail
Have fun, and thank you for participating!