Parks and Open Space


Field Trip & Tour Options

Lost World of Dragons: January 31 - May 12, 2019

Students will love the blend of fantasy and history in The Lost World of Dragons! Our docents will take kids through three exciting rooms of larger than life animatronics, hands-on interactive games and puzzles, and more! Older students can even ride a dragon in a special virtual reality experience. One hour tours are available by appointment only. Cost is $6.00 per person for groups of 15 or more. Call us to schedule! (775) 785-5961 

Educator's guide HERE.

May Collection: Year-Round

We offer a one-hour tour through the amazing collection of Wilbur D. May. Our docents begin with a short introduction and film about the life of Mr. May and the items housed in the museum, followed by a guided walk through the museum itself. For children's groups we conduct a scavenger hunt to locate specific artifacts in the collection. The tour combines local and world history along with natural history. Appropriate for all ages.

Tours are available anytime during normal business hours, by appointment only.

Cost: Child and Seniors Groups ~ $3.00 per person. 
        Adult Groups ~ $5.00 per person.
(15 or more people required)
To book a tour: Call (775) 785-5961.

Tour Logistics

- Payment must be made when you arrive and have a final headcount. We accept cash, check, Mastercard, and Visa.
- Plan your arrival so that we may begin at your scheduled time. Please notify the museum if you will be late.
- We do not have lunchroom space inside the museum. Weather-depending you may use one of the many picnic areas in the park.
- Bus lanes are on the west side of the parking lot.
- Students are welcome in the museum store, but must be accompanied by teacher or chaperone.
- Please protect our collections by not allowing gum, candy, food, or drink in the exhibition halls.
- Photography is permitted in all areas of the Museum.

1595 N. Sierra Street
Inside Rancho San Rafael Regional Park
Reno, Nevada 89503
(775) 785-5961


email facebook twitter instagram 


Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »
Call 311 to find resources, ask questions, and utilize Washoe County services. Learn More »