Photo Policy & Gallery
Washoe County Parks encourages the use of parks for recreational, publicity, and commercial photography.
Persons may photograph in County parks without a permit providing:
* Park rules and regulations are complied with at all times
* Does not interfere with visitor use/enjoyment of the park
* Professional sets, groups of actors or large equipment is not involved
* Simple props and/or use of one or two models for non-commercial purposes is permissible
* Conducted during normal hours the park is open to the public
* No disturbance or rearrangement of any feature of the park
* If photography is related to a facility rental there is no charge during the time indicated on the rental permit (e.g. weddings, graduation party)
A Photography permit is required for:
* Professional Photography (1-25 people) - e.g. studio/photographer for hire, photography with the intent to sell photos - $25/event * Professional Photography (26 - 100 people) - e.g. studio/photographer for hire, photography with the intent to sell photos - $100/event
* Commercial Productions - e.g. television, advertisements, movies, documentaries - $200 - $10,000/event
* An annual permit is also available for Professional Photography (1-25 people only) - $150/year
If you would like to apply for a Photography Permit please complete an application and hold harmless. You can fax to (775) 829-8014 or email it to email@example.com or contact Parks Administration at (775) 823-6500.