We're looking for natural resource, biology, or program development oriented students to help us put together some new programs! Please contact Katie, the Aboretum Educator, to meet up and learn more! 775-785-4153 or email@example.com
Arboretum 2019 Summer Education Programs Internship
Organization: Wilbur D. May Arboretum & Botanical Garden
Division: Education Programs
Location: May Arboretum Office, 1595 N. Sierra St. Reno, NV 89503
Part Time: ~10 hours/week
Duration: May 28th - Aug 2nd, some flexibility with start/end dates. 100 hours to complete internship.
Salary: Unpaid, no housing available.
Description: Entering the Wilbur D. May Arboretum & Botanical Garden, you can sense that there is something special here. With a diverse plant community, beautiful garden layouts, and foliage changing with the seasons, it really is the jewel of Reno, Nevada! We have opportunities for all ages to explore, learn, celebrate, and get involved. The mission of the Wilbur D. May Arboretum & Botanical Garden is education, conservation, research, and to demonstrate how native and introduced plant species survive in a high desert environment. We are working hard to achieve our mission by offering nature education programs to visitors and those within the community. To satisfy this demand, we are seeking an Education Programs Intern. The Education Programs Intern will be vital to the success and sustainability of current and future programs at the Wilbur D. May Arboretum & Botanical Garden.
- Prepare materials for upcoming programs in a timely matter.
- Assist in program facilitation under the direction of the Arboretum Educator.
- Leading nature walks depending on skills and interests.
- Further development of programs depending on skills and interests.
- Enthusiastic about wildlife, plant life, and the May Arboretum.
- Interested in outdoor education.
- Working on the completion of a Bachelor's degree. Recent graduates will also be considered.
- Willing to learn new skills, and work with children, adults, and the elderly.
- Works well independently and within a team.
- Interested in curriculum development.
Deadline: Please submit your resume/CV, cover letter, and letter of recommendation from either a professor or former employer to Katie Bird at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2019.
If you have questions about the position, please feel free to email Katie at the same address.
Sorry there are no openings currently. Check back soon!