For Immediate Release
Contact: Andrea Tavener
Update 2/2/2102 2:13 pm: An earlier version of this release included incorrect information for the South Valleys Library. The hours reflected below are correct.
Washoe County Library System will expand Grab-and-Go and Walk-up/Drive-up hold pickup services with additional hours and locations beginning on Monday, February 8, 2021. Patrons can place holds from home to be picked up at any open location. After placing a hold, wait to be notified for pick-up.
Drive-up Hold Pickup services are available:
- Northwest Reno Library: Tuesday and Saturday from 10:00am until 1:00pm; Thursday from 10:00am until 1:00pm and again from 3:00pm until 6:00pm
- South Valleys Library: Tuesday and Saturday from 10:00am until 2:00pm and Thursday from 3:00pm until 6:00pm
- Spanish Springs Library: Tuesday 10:00am until 1pm, Wednesday 1:00pm until 4:00pm and Thursday from 3:00pm until 6:00pm
Walk-up Hold Pickup services are available:
- Downtown Reno Library: Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday from 10:00am until 2:00pm
Grab-and-Go Hold Pickup services are available:
- Gerlach Community Library: Wednesday from 5:30pm until 7:30pm
- Incline Village Library: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:00pm until 6:00pm
- Sierra View Library: Tuesday from 3:00pm until 6:00pm and Thursday from 10:00am until 1:00pm
- Sparks Library: Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday from 10:00am to 2:00pm and Thursday 1:00pm until 5:00pm
Book drops are available 24/7. Masks are required at all locations and temperature checks will be performed for visitors to our Grab-and-Go locations. Washoe County Library System is committed to a safe reopening that protects our patrons, staff, and community and is looking forward to being able to offer additional services in the future. Please visit washoecountylibrary.us for virtual services, including events, ebooks, digital magazines, access to The New York Times, and more!
For specific questions and answers on the hold pick up service, and the latest information on hours and services, please visit washoecountylibrary.us/reopen.