Below is a press release issued by the United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra and posted here by permission.
Reno, Nev. (August 4, 2020) – In a collaborative effort to connect health and community resources to community members of all ages (while supplies last), local partners, listed below, are hosting a free Family Health Festival in a drive-thru format:
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada
- Washoe County Health District
- 5210 Healthy Washoe
- Truckee Meadows Healthy Communities
- Community Health Alliance
- Renown Health
- United Way of Northern Nevada and the Sierra
WHEN: Monday, August 10, 2020 - 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Event set-up begins 8:00 a.m.
WHERE: Hug High School - 2880 Sutro St, Reno, NV 89512 - Bus Route: 5
- School Supplies / Back to School Resources
- Food Bank Mobile Pantry
- Food Stamps / SNAP & WIC Registration
- Children’s Books
- Basic Needs Resources
- Medicaid Information
- Resource Bags with information from over 35+ local vendors
The Family Health Festival is a committee of local health and community focused agencies who work with local organizations to increase awareness of available resources and improve community health by focusing on food access, healthcare access, and education.
To learn more about Family Health Festivals and this community wide collaboration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.