Who: Community Services Department; Planning and Building Division
What: Public Workshop about proposed amendments to the following components of the Washoe County Master Plan including the Land Use and Transportation Element (LUTE), the Public Services and Facilities Element (PSF), the Housing Element and the Population Element.
When: Wednesday, July 22, 2020, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Where: This meeting will be held through Zoom. See the following information:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 864 8162 6620
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,86481626620#,,,,0#,,991812# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,86481626620#,,,,0#,,991812# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 864 8162 6620
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kckmw2yKu6
The Washoe County Community Services Department’s Planning and Building Division is hosting a public workshop regarding proposed amendments to the Washoe County Master Plan relating to:
- Land Use and Transportation Element. Provide updates to the Land Use and Transportation Element in order to comply with the 2019 Truckee Meadows Regional Plan regional conformance requests
- Include language identifying how Washoe county will be limiting development outside of the Truckee Meadows Service Area (TMSA) to 2% of the cumulative development
- Include language describing the limitation of development outside the TMSA to not allow new divisions of land that would create a parcel less than 5 acres in size
- Include Language acknowledging the Regional Land Designations and Priority Hierarchy for Development. These designations direct growth to tiers within the TMSA as outlined in the 2019 Regional plan.
- Include language referencing the Regional Land Designations density requirements as each designation allows a different level of density in order to direct growth effectively.
- Public Services and Facilities Element. To amend the Public Services Element a component of the Washoe County Master Plan for the purpose of bringing the Pubic Services Element into conformance with the 2019 Truckee Meadows Regional Plan. The proposed amendments include providing new language referencing the List of Facilities and Services Standards; new language recognizing the promotion of facilities and services in line with the priority hierarchy for development; identifying that water and wastewater infrastructure will not be extended from the TMSA to the RA, except for the management of reclaimed water as a method to effectively manage reclaimed water from wastewater treatment facilities; new language acknowledging use of the Regional Water Management Plan; and addressing the Regional Plan requirements for Regional Utility Corridor and Sites.
- Housing Element. To Amend the Housing Element, a component of the Washoe County Master Plan, for the purpose of bringing the Pubic Services Element into conformance with the 2019 Truckee Meadows Regional Plan. The proposed amendments include new language referencing the county’s support for the Regional Strategy for Housing Affordability, and particularly the roadmap of steps identified in the strategy to address affordable housing needs in the community.
- Population Element. To amend the Washoe County Master Plan, Population Element to conform to the adopted 2019 Truckee Meadows Regional Plan by including language recognizing the use of the most current adopted Washoe County Consensus Forecast and removing specific data from the previous Washoe County Consensus Forecast.
Washoe County staff will be available to discuss the proposed amendments from 5:00 pm to 6:30 p.m. Following public input, the amendments will be discussed by the Washoe County Planning Commission. The public hearing is tentatively scheduled for the August 4, 2020 Planning Commission meeting starting at 6:30 p.m.
Contact: Washoe County Planner for Land Use and Transportation Element. Dan Cahalane, 775.328.3628; firstname.lastname@example.org; or Chris Bronczyk, 775.328.3612; email@example.com
Contact: Washoe County Planner for Public Services and Facilities Element. Julee Olander, 775.328.3627 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Washoe County Planner for Population Element. Roger Pelham, 775.328.3622 or email@example.com
Contact: Washoe County Planner for Housing Element. Eric Young, 775.328.3613 or firstname.lastname@example.org