For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. May 14, 2020. With the recently unveiled Washoe County Phase 1 Guidance, some park amenities will reopen, while others will remain closed. Washoe County Regional Parks & Open Space shares updated Parks & Open Space information:
As of May 14, 2020, all parks, trails and open spaces remain open. As of May 9, 2020, all park restrooms and trash services have been reopened. Additionally, as of May 1, 2020 both Washoe Golf Course and Sierra Sage Golf Course are open for play, as well as tennis court and pickleball courts. However, visitors must:
- Continue to follow social distancing practices, maintaining at least 6 feet away from non-household persons.
- Limit gathering of group of 10 or fewer people.
Additionally, while trails are open and busier than ever, the Peavine Trail has been temporarily re-vamped into a directional trial system to limit contact with people and encourage social distancing. For details about the Peavine Trail including a map, click here.
WHAT WILL OPEN SOON:
This Friday, May 15, 2020, the Washoe County Regional Shooting Facility is scheduled to reopen to the public with modified operations to public and specialty ranges to comply with the Phase 1 reopening directive.
- All visitors and staff must wear a face covering at the point of sale in the office.
- Members of the public will not have access to the classroom area.
- The range will be limited to 50 percent capacity, with every other shooting bench open.
- The shooting benches will be disinfected between each use.
- Members of the public must provide their own ear and eye protection, rentals will not be available. Disposable ear protection will be available for sale.
- Social distancing guidelines will be in effect at all times at the shooting facility.
For details regarding the modified operations at the Regional Shooting Facility, please click here.
WHAT WILL REMAIN CLOSED:
The following park amenities, activities and programs will remain closed, until further notice:
- Group picnic areas
- Playground structures
- Parcourses/calisthenics equipment
- All field use permits & organized sports have been suspended
- All indoor recreation at THE HIVE at Lazy 5 Regional Park, including open gym for pickleball and basketball
- All contract classes
- All drinking fountains
- The Congregated Meal programs at Cold Springs Park and Lazy 5 Regional Park
The following park facilities will remain closed until further notice:
- All aquatic facilities including Splash Parks and the Bowers Mansion Pool
- The Davis Creek Campground
- The Wilbur D. May Museumat Rancho San Rafael Park
- The Galena Creek Visitor Centerat Galena Creek Regional Park
- The HIVEat Lazy 5 Regional Park
- All Park Offices
For more information on any modified park operations, please click here or call Washoe311 by dialing 3-1-1 from any phone.