Reno, Nev. March 19, 2020. In light of current COVID-19 concerns, Washoe County Treasurer, Tammi Davis, has temporarily suspended delinquent property tax collection efforts. This includes postponement of the annual Real Property Tax Auction, originally scheduled for April 22, 2020. “By taking this action, we are not only complying with the recommendation to avoid public gatherings, but also will allow a pause for those who would be impacted by the auction to instead focus on the extraordinary challenges we are all currently facing,” said Davis.
While active collection efforts are suspended, Treasurer Davis wants property owners to know that she will continue to provide the required notices related to any property tax delinquencies. Nevada Revised Statute (NRS) requires a stringent noticing process, including specific timelines, to ensure that all property owners remain aware of their tax obligations, both now and in the future. “The timing of notices, as required by NRS, is unfortunate during these difficult times. However, they are essential in order to provide important information that will help property owners plan as we move out of the current environment and life returns to normal, something I know we all look forward to.” Treasurer Davis encourages anyone in a delinquent status to continue to make payments as they are able, and to contact her office with any questions or concerns. Statutory deadlines will still apply.
Although the Treasurer’s Office is physically closed to the public, they remain committed and available to assist the public during normal business hours, using remote resources. Please be aware response times may be delayed due to high volume.
- Property Tax information is available 24/7 at washoecounty.us/treas.
- Pay online at washoecounty.us/treas. eCheck or credit card payments accepted. There is no fee for payment by eCheck. A fee will be charged by the payment vendor for credit card transactions.
- Mail your payments to Washoe County Treasurer PO Box 30039 Reno, NV 89520-3039.
- Email your questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a call back number where we can contact you between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Call 775-328-2510. If you do not reach a representative, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call as soon as possible.