For Immediate Release
Contact: Andrea Tavener
In response to COVID-19, Washoe County is temporarily closing all Washoe County Library locations until further notice. Regular updates will be posted to the library website and social media accounts, and we encourage our users to sign up for Washoe County Library System email updates. Additionally, the Washoe County Library System would like the public to keep any materials that they may have currently checked out. No fines will be accrued during the temporary closures. The book drops are also closed at this time.
- This closure impacts public hours at all Washoe County Libraries.
- All library events, including outreaches in the community, are suspended.
- The Friends of Washoe County Library booksale is suspended.
- All fines are waived, and items currently checked out will not accrue additional fines.
Please stay informed:
- Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/washoecountylibrary
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/washoelibrary
- Sign up for email updates: www.wasohecountylibrary.us/newsletters
Washoe County Health District: www.washoecounty.us/health
Digital resources remain available on the Washoe County Library System website, including complimentary digital access to the New York Times, ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, Lynda.com, Mango language learning, and more. Visit www.washoecountylibrary.us for more information.