For Immediate Release
Contact: Joshua Andreasen
Reno, Nev. Dec. 23, 2019. Most Washoe County offices will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2019 for the Christmas holiday.
The following county offices will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512
- All Washoe County Libraries. Please go to washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, and download eBooks, research databases and more. Additionally, all libraries with later hours will be closing at 5 pm on Tuesday, Dec. 24.
- Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court, Incline Constable, and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - All administrative offices and front desk
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District – Ninth Street administrative office and front counter. The Fire District’s administrative offices will have limited hours on December 26 & 27, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Washoe County Health District – Clinical services
- Washoe County Human Services Agency and all meal distribution locations.
The following county offices will be open:
- The Office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.
# # #