For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. Nov. 26, 2019. Most Washoe County offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29, for the Thanksgiving holiday and the day after, also known as Family Day.
The following county offices will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512
- All Washoe County Libraries. On Wednesday, November 27 the Spanish Springs Library will also be closed, and all other libraries normally open later will close early at 5pm on Wednesday. Please go to washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, and download eBooks, research databases and more.
- Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court, Incline Constable, and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office - All administrative offices and front desk
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District – Ninth Street administrative office and front counter
- Washoe County Health District – Clinical services
- Washoe County Human Services Agency and all meal distribution locations.
The following county offices will be open:
- The Office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.