For Immediate Release
Contact: Amy Ventetuolo
Reno, Nev. Nov. 12, 2019. Multiple agencies and organizations throughout the northern Nevada region will be embarking on a three-day statewide emergency preparedness exercise, also known as Silver Crucible 2019.
Silver Crucible 2019 will be a full-scale, mass-casualty exercise designed to test the capabilities of the State of Nevada, to solidify and communicate intelligence, respond to, and recover from a complex coordinated terrorist attack.
This statewide exercise will take place Nov. 12-14 and is only an exercise. While multiple agencies are participating, all agencies will have plenty of resources deployed in the region for actual emergency response.
Five Media Opportunities Throughout the Exercise:
- Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 3 p.m. at the Regional Emergency Operations Center (REOC), 5195 Spectrum Blvd Reno, 89512. Media Contact: Amy Ventetuolo, Washoe County, 775-313-8582.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 from 10-11:30 a.m. at UNR Redfield Campus, 18600 Wedge Pkwy, Reno, 89511. Media Contact: Kerri Garcia, UNR, 775-240-0283.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 from 12-2 p.m. at Pickett Park, 250 Kirman Ave., Reno, 89502. Media Contact: Stephanie Reynolds, Renown, 775-691-7308.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 from 3-4 p.m. at the Regional Emergency Operations Center (REOC), 5195 Spectrum Blvd Reno, 89512. Media Contact: Amy Ventetuolo, Washoe County, 775-313-8582.
- Thursday, Nov. 14 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the Reno Ballroom, 401 N Center St, Reno, 89501. Media Contact: Justin Norton, Washoe County Medical Examiner’s Office, 775-762-9799.
*Note to media: This is a training exercise for emergency personnel. Throughout the exercise there may be participants in moulage, or makeup and wounds simulating the appearance of injuries. Should this be in view of media or public, please do not be alarmed and as always, reach out to the contacts above to verify this is part of the exercise.