Applications are being accepted from qualified individuals to serve on the Northern Nevada Water Planning Commission. One individual will be selected by the Western Regional Water Commission to fill the position of public at large member to represent environmental, biological, conservation or public concerns, and one individual will be selected to represent owners of domestic wells.
The Northern Nevada Water Planning Commission and the Western Regional Water Commission were created in 2007 by the Nevada Legislature by way of a special act: Chapter 531, Statutes of Nevada, 2007, the Western Regional Water Commission Act.
This recruitment is to fill the remainder of an unexpired three-year term, which ends on March 31, 2022. Members may be reappointed to additional terms at the discretion of the Western Regional Water Commission and subsequent terms are three years in length.
Applicants must be Nevada residents and have one or more of the following qualifications:
The members of the Northern Nevada Water Planning Commission may not hold any elective governmental office but may be engaged or employed in private enterprise or be employees of state or local government and each member must be qualified pursuant to at least one of the following:
- A professional engineer licensed in Nevada
- Experienced in comprehensive planning, natural resources or environmental protection;
- A specialist in hydrologic science;
- Experienced in law, management or planning related to water;
- Experienced in municipal finance or resource economics;
- Experienced in construction, planning or operation of facilities or systems for supplying or treating water, for collecting or treating sewage, for drainage of storm water or for control of floods; or
- Knowledgeable in the areas of water conservation, biology, natural systems, water quality and water management.
The Commission meets the first Wednesday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the Washoe County Commission Chambers. You will be provided meeting notices by email. This position requires a commitment of approximately two to seven hours of non-compensated time per month.
You can learn more about the Commission at www.wrwc.us. If you meet one of the above qualifications and have an interest in serving, please send your resume including your qualifications before 5:00 p.m., November 18, 2019 to Western Regional Water Commission, 1001 E Ninth Street, Reno NV 89512 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to contact Jen Purgitt at 775-954-4665 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns.